Diagnostic Equipment for pediatric asthma:
The asthma is the most common chronic illness of children. It is usually treated without making a proper diagnosis in terms of its staging and severity. The diagnostic tests are quite expensive. The parents do not have resources to have this disorder diagnosed properly. The basic test like Lung Function Test is not available in government sector.
PLA has managed to arrange a Spirometer
machine with a respiratory therapist. They are available on the Follow up days.
- We provide the Lung Function Tests for free to the children coming to our Asthma Follow up clinic.
- Spirometer is most modern in its series and can measure more than 45 parameters of lung functions.
- It can also keep record of the tests and is very helpful in looking at the trends of lung functions over period of months or years.
- The records of the tests are maintained and are used for the subsequent visits.
PLA is also providing Oscillation Spirometry working with Impedance resistance assessment. This equipment is first of its kind in the country and can be used to assess the lung function tests in children who can’t make a forced expiratory effort like:
- Very young children less than 5 years.
- Children with mental handicap or cerebral palsy.
- Children with motor delay or who can’t understand the commands.
Children with neurological deficits.